I am a bit late with this post, but a lot has been going on, especially with Halloween. The biggest change going on right now deals with the website. I am currently busying getting the layout correct. The graphics will come in due time. Also, some of the plugins are not working together nicely, so some of the features that I am wanting will have to wait until those are fixed.
The latest prop I have completed is Kirito’s Elucidator. I will have a write up done when I complete his scabbard, which won’t be started until I finish Asuna’s Light Lambent. Here is the completed sword.
I have also begun work on Asuna’s Light Lambent. I have 3D printed several parts and I have cut out the blade from poplar. This first shot is a test fit of the blade guard.
Here is a shot of the handle pieces re-printed to a slightly bigger scale than the first ones I printed. I cored out the middle and slide an aluminum rod down the middle.
Here the handle pieces have been coated with primer filler after I had done some initial sanding + bondo. Still needs a bit more clean up.
Here we have the blade guard sanded and primed. With the primer applied, it makes it easier for me to tell where I need to clean up. You can also see in this shot that I have given an edge to the blade. I used my router with a 45 degree angle bit.
And here we have the blade wrap decoration. The first one I printed felt too small and was too tight around the blade. This slightly bigger one works a lot better.
With the Light Lambent coming together nicely, I will be starting work on the Starseeker soon. And once the Light Lambent is completely done I will start on the scabbards for both swords.